Best Places to Travel in New England
The best places to travel in winter are, of course, somewhere where you can enjoy the snow. Of course, the states with the most snow are in the Northeast and the upper region of the Great Lakes. However, there are other places across the country that have their fair share of snowy conditions. Here’s a look at some of the best places to travel in winter:
Northern New York State
Northern New York State: Whether you travel to northern New York state for the snow or the beauty of the Adirondack Mountains, it’s hard not to fall in love with the area. One of the most popular places to travel is upstate, especially around Buffalo, where you can spend a lot of time just enjoying the natural beauty of the area. Buffalo is a great town to explore, especially if you want to go horseback riding or take part in the annual Wildflower Festival. You can also travel to the Catskills and go mountain biking on some of the many trails through this region.
Western Massachusetts: If you love northern hospitality, you won’t miss this one! Travel to Bristol and spend a day sampling the local flavors at one of the many food joints. When you are done sampling, head back to town for a night at one of the bars. You will find a wide variety of drinks and foods that are outside of the traditional ice cream treats. In addition, you may even be able to grab a burger at one of the outdoor bistros.
- The northeast corner of the United States is known for its historic nature. While you may be tempted to travel to the more popular parts of cities like New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and Chicago, you should really consider a trip to the towns of Scranton and Hershey. Both of these areas have beautiful resorts in the mountains that will allow you to take a ski vacation. There are also plenty of outdoor activities to participate in while you are here.
- The middle of the country offers you a lot of options when it comes to traveling. If you are a history buff, then you will appreciate the many historical museums that are in New England. In addition to the museums, you can travel to New York and visit the world-famous New York Botanical Garden. This is ideal for families, but there are also many family-friendly activities to do here that your kids will never forget. If you are interested in a little bit of country time, then try a guided tour of some of the small towns that are on your tour route.
- The final part of your journey should be on to the upper reaches of the Appalachian Mountains. This area is probably one of the best-kept secrets of the north. Many people choose this route simply because it is so beautiful. Not only does the scenery add to the experience, but there are some awesome hiking trails as well. Plus, the mountains are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the northeastern United States.
- Some people choose to travel out of state to visit the smaller communities that make up the northeast. This allows them to explore a little bit of history without having to go to a major metropolitan area. The two most popular cities in these little mountain towns are Harvard and Cambridge. Although there is not a whole lot to see, you can get to know some of the local people by taking a road trip. This way, you can stop off and get some much-needed rest and relaxation.
- No matter which route you decide to take, there are plenty of things to keep in mind when planning your trip. The best thing you can do is put together a rough itinerary before you leave for your trip. You need to figure out the best times to visit certain attractions, and you need to determine how long you plan to be away. Once you know all of this information, you can start looking at all of the different accommodation options. From hotels to campgrounds, you will have an easy time finding the perfect place for you and your group to stay in New England.
You can Read 4 Best Winter Lodges In The U.S.A